Friday, December 11, 2009

My First Blog

Well this is my first blog so here it goes. I am much more into surfing than I am the computer but I have so many things I would like to share with the world. I will be posting everything from short stories, learn to surf tips, my latest surfing travels and artwork to my philosophy on life and the latest news of upcoming events.
I am an accomplished surfer and surfing instructor. I have been surfing for over 33 years riding all types of surf boards from my 4'4" belly board ( I stand up surf on it) to my 10' gun. I ride anything and everything surf wise from 1' blown out slop to 30' scare the crap out of myself waves and everything in between! I started competing at age 30 after having 3 kids and competed until I was 46. I have won numerous surfing competitions including a capturing The Women's World Longboard Title in 2002, 12 national titles both for short board and longboards, the Women's Pipeline Championships for longboarding in 2005, 6 West coast titles and 1 east coast title and was inducted into the Surfing Walk of Fame in Huntington Beach, CA in July 2005.
For those who would like more information on some of my accomplishments you can check out my website www.DangerWoman.com
I have been teaching people of all ages and walks of life how to surf since 1993 and will start this blog off with one of the reasons they call me Danger Woman. There will be many more short stories with surfing lessons to come and are out of the book I am writing that will be published whenever I finish it!!!

Thanks, Kim

1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl, Good Luck on your new Adventure.
    I will look forward to reading your Blogspot.
    Take care, Cathy B.

    ReplyDelete

Ask The Expert. Kim will personally answer your surfing questions. Leave a comment. And check the comments for her answer!!